Business leaders are often concerned about the quality of the leaders within their organization. They are concerned about leadership effectiveness at all levels within their organization. These executives are often involved in the recruitment of the next great talent to lead within their organization, or they are involved in setting up the required training for the development of internal leadership talent. Leadership talent is a highly sought after skill. Effective organizations require leadership talent. Even though there is such demand for this type of skill, most professionals focus mostly on their particular area of expertise and forget to study leadership. This course aims to address the need for leadership talent within the organization. The course will help students understand important leadership concepts. It will help students improve their competence in leadership roles. It will help students to prepare for and to succeed in team lead, management, or executive roles.
This course is divided up into five sections: introduction to the course and to the management profession, leadership defined, leadership types, leadership power and leadership techniques.These five sections will provide both theoretical and practical insights, which are applicable to the leadership role.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Become a more objective, insightful and effective leader.
- Learn about the power that leaders possess and how to achieve it.
- Gain insights and learn leadership principles that will prepare you for a management position.
- Improve your practice as a manager through the use of professional leadership techniques.
- Absorb interesting concepts, terminology and examples.
- Improve your ability to discuss leadership and management with your colleagues and recruiters.
- Gain leadership strength and authority through insights.
- Learn advanced techniques in areas such as “conflict management”, “leadership through power” and “becoming a leader”.
- Make a smooth transition from a worker to a manager, and once a manager, have the knowledge required to stay there!
- Enhance your management performance through application of leadership principles.
- Become a better manager who is respected by subordinates, superiors and peers.
Who is the target audience?
- Production Workers, Team Leaders, Supervisors, Managers
- Students of leadership, management, and psychology.
- Anyone wishing to become an effective leader or manager.
- Anyone wishing to gain an insight into the responsibilities of a manager.
- Anyone wishing to understand how psychology impacts the role.
- Anyone who is likely to be promoted to a new management role.
- A person who is a new manager and is undergoing training.
- Management professionals pursuing professional development.
- Production workers who wish to understand their manager's role.
- Business professionals who need to perform leadership functions.
- Business professionals who wish to lead objectively and effectively.
What are the requirements?
- To have an interest in management and leadership.
- To have an interest in the development of professional management skills.
- To be open to learning insights which apply to the role.
- It is recommended to review the lectures more than once. It is recommended to write down notes and thoughts after every lecture. These actions will help you to remember the material.
As part of my career, I’ve worked as a manager of two businesses, IT support administrator, web developer, computer technician, computer sales associate, director and project manager of several independent films. In terms of my educational background, I hold a Bachelor’s Degree (in Psychology and Computer Science). I am also an Associate (Information Technology) member of ASTTBC, where the Board recognized that my academics are at an Applied Science Technologist level. In addition, I have also studied Electronics Engineering Technology.